Citizens National Bank takes online security very seriously and we're continually adding new features and safeguards to ensure the security of your information and decrease the risk of fraud. We employ Fraud Risk Manager, a robust monitoring solution that analyzes transactions, account activity, non-financial events and changes to customer profiles for any out of the ordinary activity on Citizens National Bank business accounts. These alerts are reviewed daily by our employees. Additionally we use multi-factor authentication, which requires the use of security tokens, along with username and password to access our Online for Business system. This extra layer of security reduces the risk of someone hacking into your accounts.
Tips for Safeguarding Your Accounts
- Don't allow employees to share tokens and user IDs to access Online for Business.
- Keep virus and malware protection up to date.
- Maintain a current list of contact numbers for vendors and the bank in case you have a concern.
- Audit your transactions daily. Businesses have 24 hours to report an error without being liable.
- Be sure all checks are properly and clearly endorsed by the named payee.
- Keep a list of all employees who have access to Online for Business, as well as the defined responsibilities and list of accounts they have access to.
- If you have merchant capture, destroy processed checks every 45 days.