Start sending money with Zelle.®
Zelle® is a fast, safe, and free1 way to send money to friends and family.
We have partnered with Zelle® to bring you a fast, safe, and easy way to send and receive money with friends, family, and other people you trust.2
Zelle® is a fast, safe, and easy way to send money directly between almost any bank accounts in the U.S., typically within minutes.3 With just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number, you can send money to people you trust, regardless of where they bank.2
You can send money to friends, family, and others you trust.2
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person’s bank account within minutes,3 it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number.
To Get Started:
- Enroll or log in to Citizens National Bank’s Bill Pay within Online Banking or Mobile Banking.
- Select the Send Money with Zelle® tab.
- Accept terms and conditions.
- Enter your email address or U.S. mobile number and deposit account.
- You will receive a one-time verification code, enter it and you’re ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle.
To Send Money:
- Add a trusted recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
- Enter the amount you’d like to send and an optional note.
- Review the amount and hit Send.
- In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes.3
To Request Money:
- Choose Request.
- Select the individual(s) from whom you’d like to request money,
- Enter the amount you’d like to request and an optional note.
- Review and hit Request.4
Enrolled in Zelle®:
- Share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number for your money to be sent with Zelle.®
- The money will be sent directly to your bank account and will typically be available within minutes.3
Not Enrolled with Zelle®:
- Click the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select Citizens National Bank.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment.
- Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification.
- Enroll in Zelle® using the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the notification to ensure you receive your money.
Zelle® is a great way to send money to family, friends, and people you are familiar with such as your personal trainer, babysitter, or neighbor.2
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person’s bank account within minutes,3 Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family, and others you trust.
Neither Citizens National Bank nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
You can find a full list of participating banks and credit unions live with Zelle® here.
If your recipient’s financial institution isn’t on the list, don’t worry! Your recipient can still use Zelle® by downloading the Zelle® app for Android and iOS.
To enroll with the Zelle® app:
- Your recipient will enter:
- Basic contact information.
- Email address.
- U.S. mobile number.
- A Visa® or Mastercard® Debit Card with a U.S.-based account (does not include U.S. territories). Zelle® does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts or any credit cards.
When you enroll with Zelle® the following information is shared:
- Name of your Financial Institution.
- Email address or U.S. mobile number you enrolled with.
- No sensitive account details are shared – those stay with Citizens National Bank.
When someone sends you money:
- Zelle® looks up the email address or mobile number in its directory,
- CNB is notified of the incoming payment.
- CNB directs the payment into your bank account.
- Your sensitive account details are kept private.
The sender’s and recipient’s bank accounts must be based in the U.S.
You can only cancel a payment if the person you sent money to isn’t enrolled with Zelle.®
To check whether the payment is pending:
- Go to your activity page.
- Choose the payment you want to cancel.
- Select Cancel This Payment.
If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle®, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled. This is why it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
If you sent money to the wrong person:
- We recommend contacting the recipient and requesting the money back.
- If you are unable to get your money back, please call CNB at 419-358-8040.
Scheduled or Recurring Payments:
- When money is sent directly to your recipient’s account number, instead of an email address or mobile number, a different service from Zelle® is used. These payments take one to three business days to process.
- You can cancel a payment that is scheduled in advance if the money has not already been deducted from your account.
- Money sent with Zelle® is typically available to an enrolled recipient within minutes.3
- If you haven’t received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
- If you send money to someone who isn’t enrolled with Zelle®, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll.
- After enrollment, the money will be available directly in your recipient’s account, typically within minutes.3
Yes! They will receive a notification via email or text message.
Keeping your money and information safe is a top priority for Citizens National Bank. When you use Zelle,® your information is protected with the same technology we use to keep your bank account safe.
You should not use Zelle® if:
- You don’t know the person you are sending the payment to.
- You aren’t sure you will get the product or service you paid for, for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site.
Neither Citizens National Bank nor Zelle® offers a protection program for authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
- Your email address or U.S. mobile phone number may already be enrolled with Zelle® at another bank or credit union.
- Contact us at 419-358-8040 and to move your email address or U.S. mobile phone number to CNB, so you can use it for Zelle.®
- Once your email address or U.S. mobile phone number is connected to your CNB bank account, you can start sending and receiving money with Zelle.®
1 Mobile network carrier fees may apply.
2 Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle®.
3 Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle®.
4 In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle®.
Terms and conditions apply. Zelle® and the Zelle®-related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.